We told you at the start of this month that we would be naughty with our recipes this time around – so here we are with a rich and decadent DIY truffle recipe!
It’s a good thing Cacao is found to be so good for us these days!
- 8-10oz Semi-sweet chocolate (62% or higher), finely chopped
- 0.5 cup heavy cream (or rich coconut milk - not the light stuff!)
You can flavor your truffles however you like, but here are some of our suggestions:
- Mint leaves, very finely chopped and taken off the stem
- Bailey’s Irish Cream (1 to 2 Tbsp – or more, depending on your naughty-meter!)
- 1-2 Tbsp Almond Extract (or Amaretto)
- Maraschino Cherries (about 0.5 cup, finely chopped)
And for the coatings of your truffles, here are some more suugestions to mix and match with your flavorings:
- Raw Cacao powder
- Finely chopped Walnuts, Peanuts, or any other nut of choice
- Coconut shavings Turmeric + Cinnamon powder blend
And here’s what you’ll do (after taking a shot of Bailey’s, of course):
- Heat the cream or coconut milk to a simmer, then remove from heat and add your flavourings. If suing solid flavourings, be sure to let sit for at least 1hr before proceeding (this allows all the flavors to really seep in)
- Reheat the cooled cream and pour onto your semi-sweet chocolate in a bowl and mix well. Let it cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for 2hrs.
- With a small spoon (or a mini scooper), roll your ganache into balls and place on a baking sheet, then place in the fridge overnight.
- Now it’s time to coat your truffles, and enjoy them with a hot cup of Chai tea!
Enjoy, and happy truffle making!