Let’s face it – this holiday season calls for fatty, juicy, yummy comfort food! So here is our disclaimer for this month’s recipes: we won’t be trying too hard to stay extra healthy on a “fitness” level – but we are SURE to nourish your heart and soul with what we’ve got in store!
This week’s recipe features the world’s favorite soft cheese (Brie) and the world’s favorite carb (puff pastry)… we assume you know where we’re going with this...
- 1 sheet thawed puff pastry
- 1 round wedge of your favorite Brie cheese
- 2 Tbsp of your favorite jam (we like using cherry jam)
- 0.25 Cup Maple Syrup
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Slice the top off the Brie wedge. This allows it to melt properly and really mix with all the flavours.
- Place the brie wedge on the unrolled sheet of pastry, and add a thick layer of jam to the top of your cheese.
- Wrap the pastry around the brie wedge, making tight folds and creases to seal it. Cut off any extra dough (you can make mini puffs to dip into your melted brie!)
- Drizzle the maple syrup onto your fully sealed puff pastry, and pop it in the oven for 30 minutes. It should be golden brown when done. Allow to cool for only 10 mins before serving.
Make sure to pair this devilish appetizer with some wine – it will help to break down the cheese on your gut, and plus, wine just generally makes things better!