At this time of year, our skin might start to feel the effects of the dropping temperatures, and the dryness of our indoor heating systems.
Here is a recipe for a rich and nourishing hand balm to help keep them supple, healthy and useful! We’ve included a couple different essential oil blends for you to choose from, depending on what your needs are.
- 0.25 cup cold pressed coconut oil
- 0.25 cup beeswax 1
- tsp vitamin E oil
- 2 Tbsp Shea/Cocoa butter
Your choice of essential oils, or choose from these blends:
For very dry skin:
For aging skin:
- 20 drops Rose Garden Synergy Blend
- Choose and create your essential oil blend. Put aside.
- Double boil the coconut oil and your butter of choice. Then take off the heat and whisk/whip until it starts to turn fluffy and light.
- Once slightly cooled, mix in the vitamin E oil and your essential oils.
- Pour into a shallow glass mason jar and let cool with the lid off.
- Once your balm is cooled to room temperature, it is ready to be used!
Store in a cool dry place and use as needed. Remember to take in a few deep breaths as you apply your balm – it always helps!