Spring time always seems like a good time to clear our space of all the winter (and covid) stagnation. Why not clear your body as well! Here is a delicious (although not entirely edible) sugar body scrub recipe:
- 250 grams organic brown sugar (NOT the sticky kind)
- 30ml carrier oil of choice (almond/grapeseed/jojoba/coconut)
- 30ml vegetable glycerin (optional)
- 0.5 tsp Vitamin E oil
- 12 drops Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) essential oil
- 12 drops Lemon (Citrus limon) essential oil
Mix all these ingredients together and store in an air-tight glass jar in your bathroom.
Before you step out of the shower, massage this scrub into your skin and let the warm water dissolve the sugar away, leaving you silky smooth and well moisturized.
Remember to take in long, deep breaths as the aromatic properties of the essential oils are working through your olfactory system for a deeper detox!